At Smile Design Orthodontics our Orthodontists use the very latest technology for accurate diagnosis and innovative treatment planning to ensure minimum treatment time and optimum treatment results.
- Cone Beam CT Scanning is low dosage computed tomography X-ray imaging that can be used to produce fully interactive 3D images of the teeth, jaws and surrounding cranio-facial structures to analyse complex problems such as impacted or ectopic teeth, anatomical anomalies and also provide greater accuracy in dealing with routine procedures. Smile Design cone beam CT imaging is located at our Miranda surgery in conjunction with Canada Bay Medical Imaging.
- Digital Patient Records are readily available at chairside computers to provide instant access to treatment details, photographic records, and 2D/3D imaging.
- High-tech Braces are used at Smile Design Orthodontics to provide customised braces fitted to either the labial (outside) surface of the teeth using the fully interactive 3D computerised Insignia system, or the lingual (inside) surface of teeth using the Harmony system
- Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs) are mini-implants used to support more efficient or protracted tooth movements and minimise treatment time while avoiding more cumbersome treatment methods.
- Modern facilities designed by our orthodontists to provide a friendly, open and comfortable environment with the privacy of individual treatment modules.
- Sydney Seattle Study Club founded and hosted at Smile Design Orthodontics, is one of only five Australian branches of the world-wide network of the Seattle Study Club which is an interdisciplinary forum for collaboration between dental specialists and general dentists. We hold up to 10 meetings each year to discuss and plan co-ordinated management of challenging dental problems for our patients, to ensure they receive the best possible care from experienced leaders in our profession.